1.14.2015

Chels Wears: Skirts in the Snow

Skirt: Thrift Shop | Shoes: Kmart | Shirt: JCPenney | Jacket: Deb | Scarf: WalMart
Oh look, guys, I'm not properly dressed for the temperature again. Imagine that. I just hate snow too much to let it ruin my fashion plans, though I wish my legs weren't so white, holy cow. It was actually fairly "warm" when we took these photos. Like 25 degrees or something that felt decently warm. Erie is a confusing place to live around this time.

This is the first time this skirt has ever made an appearance. Well, that's not totally true. I got it at a thrift shop back home over a year ago and it (along with one other) have been hanging in my closet waiting to be worn by me since. I'm just not normally a midi skirt kind of person. I'm usually maxi or mini so this length has been a weird one for me to decide to wear. But I'm thinking I like it! I'll have to pull out that other thrift shop skirt that I got with this one because I'm really liking this look and I really am surprised by that. I wore this on Sunday to church. I really only decided to go with this skirt at the last minute because I didn't feel like wearing tights and didn't want to wear a maxi. (I always wear a skirt or dress to church, I feel weird when I don't.) So this skirt was the winner...long enough to not really need tights and short enough to not be considered a maxi. Maybe it's time to embrace the midi?

What's your favorite skirt length?

12 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it- snow + bare legs! Anything under 50 degrees and the tights are coming on. Under 45 and leggings for sure (fleece lined ones today :). I think you should wear midi skirts more often! It's super flattering on you and you styled it perfectly! I've always wanted to try one on, but now that I think of it, I've never even found one any where. Also, I always wear a skirt or dress to church too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! Just used to these temps up here - don't try down south haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrr.... I got cold just looking at your bare legs. I couldn't do it. If my ankles get cold my whole body freezes and the only way I can warm up is to take a hot shower. haha! I'm a big ole sissy! That's what that means! lol You look really great tho! That bright blue scarf looks really great on you with your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great look and i am loving those wedges with the skirt
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this length on you. I have a few midi skirts myself, and I rarely wear them...you've inspired me to pull them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the midi skirt length on you!! It's very pretty!! How are you not wearing tights?! Just looking at you, I'm cold lol!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Julie! I'm used to it now. Leaving in Erie for a year now, I think I'm good. Though I still hateeeee winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I've decided to wear them more often too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha that's fair! I think I'm just used to winter by now! Erie is always so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband's cousin lives in Erie! You guys really got crunched with some snow towards the end of 2014. I saw some pictures. I don't even know how I would handle that! haha! And we are only a few hours south of Erie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know! Every time I drive back to Pittsburgh for something it feels like a whole new world haha

    ReplyDelete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...