1.16.2015

Fashion Forward Fridays: Wearing Leggings As Pants

Alright, alright, I know there is much debate on whether or not women should wear leggings as pants. Blah, blah, blah. Personally, I don't care what you're wearing as long as they are not sweat pants or GOD FORBID pajama pants in public. I also know that people are busy (and lazy) and I have been guilty of wearing yoga pants to work just so I could force myself to actually go to the gym afterwards too. So yoga pants, leggings, workout pants, whatever you call them (they are all basically the same) as long as the rest of your outfit is golden, they are all okay in my book.

For today's Fashion Forward Fridays, I've styled the same pair of workout pants in three different ways that you could "get away" with wearing them to places other than the gym. The typical argument about these usually comes down to keeping your butt covered, which with leggings (typically made out of thinner fabric than yoga or workout pants) I get that. But the other two (usually) have a decent kind of fabric that won't let everyone see your whole booty if you bent over. I'm not even going to get into the discussion about whether or not you should wear these for "modesty" reasons either, because I get dressed for me and if my cute butt is too distracting, that is not my issue. I'm distracted by guys who wear nice, fitted suits to work but you don't see me complaining that I cannot get my work done because of it.

I have literally worn these exact outfits before, which is why I know they work and look good. On a side note, if you're going to do the workout pants to work look, proceed with caution. There is a serious debate about these pants even if you haven't heard it, trust me, it's going on. I have worn this exact work look (shown last) to a corporate office before and no one thought twice about it because of the way it was styled. Your nicest workout pants should be the ONLY ones that you consider wearing to work. They should also be plain, no logos or visible patchwork to them and the rest of your look, including hair and makeup, should be polished. Otherwise, be comfortable! That's why we're wearing these pants after all, isn't it!?
Which look is your favorite?

14 comments:

  1. Yep, I love all of these!! I don't actually wear leggings as pants that often only because I don't have many shirts and sweaters that are long enough to cover my butt. That burgundy sweater looks so cozy!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I don't often wear leggings as pants, unless it's under a really long tunic that could almost be a dress. Which is hard for someone my height to find haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of these looks! Love this post, something, I've personally wrestled with on my own...how to wear leggings as a pant..should I or shouldn't I..do I dare??? I have dared and guess what I will dare to do it again tomorrow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am legging-obsessed. I DO however have a pair from the Gap that are prettyyyyyy much sheer and those cannot be worn in public, but I've found some great brands like Express where the quality is good and they're thick enough to be worn as pants. Shhh...I even wear them to work. But yes - the #1 rule is - shirt must cover your butt. Then it's GAME ON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looks! I definitely love the last one the best!! Yay - comfy and stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm distracted by guys who wear nice, fitted suits to work but you don't see me complaining that I cannot get my work done because of it."
    Hahaha!! Yes girl! I totally agree with you.
    And outfit number one is cute as heck! I would rock that any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I wish I had that burgundy sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA yes! Do the butt check in the mirror and then good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leggings are amazing. I would wear all of these outfits in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...