7.26.2013

Fashion Forward Fridays Reader Submitted: Meet Autumn!

It's always have stylish friends, and today for Fashion Forward Fridays, you're meeting one of them! I met Autumn while we worked at Victoria's Secret together and was always so jealous of how she was able to make our dress code of 90% black 10% white attire look amazing time and time again. And if you follow her style board on Pinterest, you'll easily see that she has impeccable taste, so I knew she'd be the perfect person to ask to be today's fashionista! Trust me, you'll be jealous of her too after reading her interview. She's the total package of beauty, brains (she's currently a law student), and style. After all, I only pick the best for these things, enjoy!

All photos provided by Autumn.

How would you define your style? 
Classic with a touch of glam. I usually stick to clean lines and neutrals (black, white, gray, navy, cream) and add some flair with a little bit of sparkle or unexpected color (like neon).

Where are your favorite places to shop? 
Because I am a law student, I have to spend most of my money on school instead of my wardrobe. My goal is to look expensive without actually being expensive. H&M, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 are places to go for trendy fun pieces that aren’t very expensive. Express, Ann Taylor Loft, and The Limited are my go to’s for classic pieces and work staples. 

Where did you get the pieces you are wearing in your pictures? 
High waisted vintage inspired shorts – Urban Outfitters
Chiffon shirt – Urban Outfitters 
Wedges – Target 
Earrings & ring – Forever 21
Handbag – Louis Vuitton 

Close up photos of Autumn's ring and earrings from Forever 21.
If someone asked you for fashion advice, what would you tell them?
Invest money on key timeless pieces like a beautiful wool coat, a pair of stilettos, or a designer handbag. These kinds of wardrobe staples never go out of style, so you won’t feel like you wasted your money.

GQ named Pittsburgh the 3rd worst dressed city - do you agree/disagree and why/why not? 
I would have to say that Pittsburghers are certainly more comfortable in a Crosby jersey as opposed to Prada, but that laid back take on fashion is exactly what makes Pittsburgh so wonderful. The unassuming casualness that people may mistake as sloppy is really just iconic Pittsburgh approachableness. 


Keep it fashionable, Pittsburgh! Happy Weekend!


5 comments:

  1. That ring is fierce! I love those Target wedges--I almost bought the same pair!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was Portland on that list? I'm seriously feeling like a fashion fish out of water! Haha. She's so pretty and I love her high waisted leopard print shorts. Takes confidence to wear those shorties! :) <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll check on Portland's status for you and she certainly doesn't lack confidence!

      Delete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...