3.22.2013

Fashion Forward Fridays: Meet Shannon!

Hello fashion lovers! For today's Fashion Forward Fridays, you're in for a treat. I love this girl's style and how she pushes the envelope (who even knows what that means) on work attire. Shannon shows that you can be classy and still have fun with your office-wear. And come on who doesn't love that?
Bold style: These rings from Forever21 add just the right amount of edge.





























Work & Play: Shannon's look can easily go from work to happy hour!
 Shannon, who likes to shop at Urban Outfitters, Forever 21 and H&M, considers her sense of style to be unique and said that if she finds a piece she likes, she buys it and finds the right way to incorporate it into her wardrobe. She also said she likes to play with different styles and trends depending on the event. Shannon said, "I never have a go to type of style. I just like to be different." Don't you just love that about her?

Since she is in the business world, currently working at a local university, she has to remain professional but still likes to mix it up by bringing in different elements to show her own personality, like this outfit clearly demonstrates. Shannon also said that her favorite trends for spring are anything with the black and white color scheme and sheer tops, because both can look sophisticated, but also causal when needed. Perfect for the office!

Shannon's advice to fellow fashionista's is to be bold and step out of your comfort zone! She said, "It's your style and it is what you like, so do not worry about what everyone else is going to think and just rock it!" She also said that when it comes to her clothes and personal style, that going for what you're the most comfortable in is what you will feel the most beautiful wearing. Which she said allows your most important accessory, confidence, to shine through. I couldn't agree more!
Studded Leopard: I love the studs on Shannon's cardigan from Urban Outfitters
She also said that GQ's mention of Pittsburgh being the third-worst dressed city is a little harsh. Shannon said that we are simply a city that shows an abundance of loyalty to our sports teams and we like to represent. But that there are a lot of people in Pittsburgh who have great style and an awesome eye for fashion. I laughed out loud when she said, "clearly GQ never ventured down to Shady Side." So true. And, on that note...happy weekend everyone! Remember to keep it classy, stylish, and like Shannon, unique!

8 comments:

  1. I love to incorporate edgy pieces into some of my looks. I really like her cross ring. -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some cross rings! Also, Thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog on Friday! Muah!

    xx
    
Holly Foxen Wells

    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, doll! Wishing you all the best in your new adventures!

      Delete
  3. Incorporating edgy pieces into any wardrobe is a must do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like this outfit! You mix edgy pieces into your looks so well!

      Delete
  4. Great feature! She has such cool style, and I love her hair!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...