So, this year for Valentine's Day I wanted to send some love to everyone, though not a realistic goal, I at least sent some to 25 households through personally designed cards. And by personally, I mean I made them in Photoshop and InDesign and made six different designs. Each one was based on beautiful simplicity and song lyrics, because honestly what else do you need in a Valentine? I hope they all made it to your mailboxes by today. I loved making these. First, coming up with the design and what pictures (which were all taken by my friend Hannah) and then buying the special paper and envelopes from a little stationary shop downtown called Weldin's. Sigh. I just loved this process and I hope those of you lucky enough to get one love them too. But for everyone who doesn't receive a snail mail Valentine, I'm sorry and you're welcome to consider this post as your own special Valentine. Add the Elton John, Your Song, to the list if you so desire in that case...that's always a goodie. Happy Valentine's Day with infinite X's & O's from me!
1. For MJ (as pictured above) - Ho Hey by The Lumineers
I belong with you. You belong with me. You're my sweetheart.
2. For my parents - Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Home is wherever I'm with you. (Alabama, Arkansas, I sure love my Ma & Pa.)
3. For my brother - Murder in the City by The Avett Brothers
Always remember there is nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name.
4. For my anti-Valentine's friends - What's Love Got to Do With It by Tina Turner
What's love got to do with it.
5. For my friends (part 1) - Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson
Everybody wants to love. Everybody wants to be loved.
6. For my friends (part 2) - Awake My Soul by Mumford & Sons
Where you invest your love, you invest your life.